Looking for some thrills and adventure at sea? The amount of watersports and entertainment nowadays is endless. We’ve stacked up some of our favorites for family fun of all ages and included a few of our favorite exclusive yachts that feature some of the best activities on the water.
- SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Stand-up paddleboarding is a great way to get exercise while working on your tan and experiencing the tranquil seas. It’s great for your core and abs, too! Participants either stand or kneel on a large board usually between 10 to 14’ (similar to a surfboard) while paddling with an oar to propel the board in forward motion.
- Wakeboarding- One of the most popular water sports to date is wakeboarding. Originating from water skiing, wakeboarders are towed behind a motor boat at approximately 19-20 knots of speed allowing for participants to ride along atop the water, surf the wake, catch air, or do aerial tricks,
- Hydroflying / Flyboarding - Participants use a Flyboard (connected by a long hose to a watercraft) while water is forced under pressure to a pair of boots with get nozzles underneath which provide thrust for the rider to fly up to 22m in the air or dive headlong through the water down as far as one is willing to go.
- Personal Watercrafts- A PWC is a small pleasure craft that uses an inboard jet drive as it’s primary source of propulsion and is designed to be operated by a person sitting, standing or kneeling on the PWC rather than inside (like a boat). Examples of PWC’s include waverunners, jet skis, and seadoos.
- Kayaking - a kayak is a small, narrow watercraft which is typically propelled by the participant using a double-bladed paddle. Kayaks range in a variety of sizes from one person to 2-3 tandem styles.
- Towables - Towables like banana boats and chariots are the most popular on charters. Most are familiar with tubing, an entry level water sport that nearly anyone can partake in. This activity consists of the individual riding atop an inflatable tube being pulled behind a boat. The passenger can choose to travel at a speed that’s right for them, making it a fun ride for all levels.
- Snorkeling - Snorkeling is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped breathing tube called a snorkel, and usually swim fins. Some of the latest snorkel masks now feature a full-face mask 180 degree view that improves breathability, enhances the viewing area, and allows for an unmatched snorkeling experience.
- Sailing - A longstanding tradition for individuals and families to enjoy the peaceful waters aboard without the sound of a motor being propelled by just the wind. If sailing is your style, some of our yachts are equipped with hobie cats or sailing dinghies that are perfect for an afternoon or sunset sail.
- Other Activities - The yacht waterslide is the most popular option on many charters. You’d be surprised to know that other sports are even possible on some of our exclusive yachts such as basketball on deck, golf putting, climbing walls, and full gym access.
If you’re looking for an unmatched experience with a yacht equipped with the best watersports and activities, we’ve outlined some of our top chartered yachts for watersports below. Contact us today so we can create the best itinerary for you and your guests complete with the best action-packed aqua fun.
ZEAL: Features 4 SeaDoo waverunners, 1 Funair Waterslide 27’, 1 Floating Pool 30’, 2 seabobs, 1 Flyboard, Scuba Diving Equipment, 2 Paddleboards 5 man inflatable, 2 Stand Up Paddleboards, 2 Kayaks, Wakeboards, Water-Skis, Towable Toys, and Inflatable water toys Click here for more
AMARULA SUN: Features Waterskiing, wakeboarding, 5-person banana boat, 2 high performance Waverunners, 2 seadoo sparks wave runners, fly board, JetLev boat with Jet Pack, Extra large Water Slide, 2 paddleboards, 2 seabobs, boogie boards, and more. Click here for more
SURI - Suri features a plethora of toys from sea planes to fishing equipment, she has something for everyone. For the avid wakeboarder, she’s equipped with a Mastercraft X22 allowing for seating up to 16 people and a powerful engine for excellent wake capabilities. Suri is well equipped for fun and includes a Banana boat, kayaks, Zapata fly board and Zapata hoverboard, Seabob, Surfboards, Hobie cat, and a variety of inflatables like rock-climbing wall, swimming pool, and platform for water sports equipment. Click here for more
LADY JOY - Lady Joy is equipped with a 16’ Nautica outboard with tow post for skiing, two high performance SeaDoos one of which has a ski pole for towing, seabobs, Flyboard, eFoil by Lift, Electric Hydrofoil Bard, Water Slide, Stand Up Paddleboards, Inflatable 2- person kayaks, Inflatable trampoline, Banana Boat, 5-person “Hot dog”, SCUBA equipment, and more. Click here for more
MILESTONE - Milestone features a 35’ Scout towed tender with 3x 300hp Yamaha engines rigged for fishing and diving, superjet stand-up jetski, FreeStyle LS Slide, Wake foil boards, e-foil boards, jet surfs, waverunners, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, giant 4-person inflatable paddleboard, three-person chariot, banana boat, kitesurfing gear, and more.