With Labor Day quickly approaching, it’s time to get your vacation booked now for your tropical paradise! One of our top picks? Tahiti! Tahiti is the largest island in French Polynesia, the South Pacific archipelago. Known for black-sand, white and pink sand beaches, lagoons, waterfalls, and two extinct volcanoes, Tahiti is a popular yachting destination for tropical getaways. Did you know? French Polynesia has been a sanctuary for whales and dolphins since 2002. Below are some other great highlights to see and do in Tahiti.
- Faarumai Waterfall - a destination for a short and easy picturesque hike that leads to three large waterfalls located in the dense rainforest.
- Papeete Market - a local market selling fruit vegetables, fish, oils, and various souvenirs. Vendors also sell local textiles and handmade items like straw hats and shell necklaces.
- Taharuu Beach - Love to surf? This is the place to catch those beautiful clean waves. Beware the surf may be rough for inexperienced swimmers, but it’s also known for it’s black sand beach making it a great spot to relax under the palm trees for a picnic.
- Water Gardens Vaipahi - Visit this immaculate public park to photograph over 75 different species of plants that surround the water features of this beautiful botanical garden that stretches over 2.5 acres. A trail throughout the gardens describes the story of the gods and goddesses of the region along with descriptions about the various plant and animal life throughout.
- Tahiti Lagoon- Meet humpback whales, turtles, dolphins, tropical fish, and corals either underwater snorkeling or by boat in French Polynesian paradise.
JOY is a 77’ luxury sailing catamaran that sleeps 8 guests and a complete crew so you can just arrive and relax on board. JOY is especially perfect for water lovers. She’s equipped with an impressive feature, the transom beach club, which opens up at water level to create a base for swimming and water sports, or as a tender dock or prime spot for guests to relax and enjoy the close proximity to beautiful, crystal clear waters. A full sail inventory allows guests to appreciate the serenity of sailing between beautiful destinations. Looking to whale watch? We’ve got you covered! Diving and whale watching encounters are available with a local private specialized guide who is licensed to approach and swim with the whales. Between July and November each year, these giants travel about 4,000 km from the Antarctic to the warm tropical waters of The Islands of Tahiti to mate and give birth. They are best seen from mid-August through late October. Contact us today to book your charter aboard JOY in Tahiti for an unforgettable experience.